Monday, November 13, 2017

Whirlwind Weekend

So tired when I got home Fri, DH decided we would order delivery Chinese.  Works for me!  The place we like delivers really good food and a lot of it!  So for about $25 we get 2 meals each and I have my lunch today.  So, that is 5 meals out of it!  Thurs night and Sat night I did 2 more crockpots full of chunky cinnamon applesauce.  I shared with family and friends and froze 5 quarts in bags laid flat.  Sat/Sun I finished backing up my entire computer (music, documents, pictures) and erased one of the accounts that was acting up.  The computer repair people I talked to about my computer issues said 2 accounts on one computer won't affect speed or updates, but I think it did.  My original account when I bought the laptop  4 years ago evidently had something wrong, because a year later when I was trying to be able to watch Amazon Prime videos on it, I called Microsoft for help and they set up a whole different account.  Well, sometimes I would get error messages or the updates would not download for one or the other.  I never moved all the music, docs and photos over to the new account, so I still went back and forth.  Well, NOT ANYMORE!  WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO.  It took me a couple of weeks (off and on) to get all the stuff off the old account and on to the new account (plus backed up to thumb drives!.  I got that finished yesterday and loaded the new giant storage thumb drive for music for my car.  Then I deleted the old account.  So fingers crossed, we shall see.

Sat late morning while DH was still hunting (he got up at 4:30am), I cleaned house, did sheets and towels.  Went to grocery store.  Then when he got home (sans deer).  He wanted to play golf, because he and his normal golf partner (his brother - BIL 3) could not play earlier in the week, like they normally do on Wed.  So, since they played Sat, I was off work and I got to play too!  It was cold, but not too windy, about mid 40's.  We have played in the 30's, so we don't mind.  But on about hole 3 it started a steady drizzle.  On hole 5 I still had feeling in my fingers and par'd the 4 par.  Not only that, I chipped a 50 foot chip shot right off the green and it went right in!  Plop!  Nothing but net!  Didn't even bounce!  Right in!  It was thrilling.  I got on the green sev more times to put for par, even one birdie...but I really need to work on my putting game.  My BIL3 says I will shave many points off once I lock down my putting.  Boy were we freezing!  It just drizzled on all afternoon, nothing showing up on radar, but we continued on.  Downed a cup of coffee for the back 9.  It just got too dark and by hole 17 I was done.  I drove, it was nice and right down the middle but too hard to see, esp if we went in the rough!  So we called it.  Sat night I did the applesauce.  I processed 3 bushels of apples this fall and didn't waste any!  I hate waste.  I wanted to take a bit over to my friend, but she was being released from hospital and preferred for me to come by Sun.

Sunday I got up and started cooking at 8 after I walked the dogs and had a cup of coffee.  Got the broccoli casserole assembled, apples ready and pork roast/veggies in the oven while I went to church.  Got home, baked corn bread and DH and I ate while apple brown betty baked.  Then, DH went to hunt more and I took my girlfriend soup, cornbread, roast pork and veggies, broccoli casserole and apple brown betty.  She is doing well after neck surgery, except for nausea.  She is going to check in with the doctor today.  She has a friend of her husband's staying with her, we will call her Gemma.  My friend is a dear person.  It is hard to see her feeling bad, I wish I could help.  I told Gemma even if T can't eat then the food can help all her family and friends helping check on T.

Sitting at work today.  Waiting for my assignment.  Will prob get more relaxation here at work.  Is still dark and drizzly but church inspired me yesterday (Peter 4:10-14), it was about being of service to glorify God.  I enjoyed the sermon with my friend C and church regular P.  I am looking forward to hot yoga tonight.  Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment