Monday, November 27, 2017

Post Thanksgiving

I just love Thanksgiving, because it is all about getting with family and thinking of our blessings.  It is not as stressful and the expectations as high as Christmas.  I seem to have more conflicted memories and sadness associated with Christmas, mostly because of the people who I miss who have passed before me and because I am sad that I don't have children.  I would have made an awesome grandma.

We had a great Thanksgiving.  We went to the facility where my grandmother (DG) lives and had a lovely lunch with her and my aunt (PA).  Then we drove to our retirement house (RH) and got there about 6:30 and unloaded the car and went and said hello to DH parents.  We went to football game the next day with my sister, it was so much fun!  Then Sat we hung out with DH family.  There are not a lot of children in DH family, just 2 nieces and 2 nephews.  The 2 nieces were there, so that was fun spending time with some young people. 

We had too much food and so many laughs.  We took some photos.  We had a great time.  I am so lucky to have married into such a wonderful family.  I hope you are having a wonderful Cyber Monday.  The only things I bought for black Friday and Cyber Monday were things I needed for the house (a Pampered Chef order and literally a Walmart supplies order).  I have mostly finished what limited shopping I do for the holidays.  My DH retirement gift I bought him we agreed no more Christmas gifts for a few years! 

I did pick out pieces of estate jewelry (more on that later).  I brought home a few leather pieces from my Sister In Law's MIL estate to help sell on line.  I sold a couple more things and so that is good to get anything moved out.  That's about all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment