Thursday, November 9, 2017

At Least we Had Sunshine Today


But my DH golf partner (brother while we still live here in the city) was unavailable today and I was in the office all day.  But I am grateful for the income.  He will be busy dear hunting this weekend to go, and I am going to cook for my dear friend who had surgery yesterday and see if I can help her in any other way.  I am also planning to run to IKEA for a few things, but might have to put off for a couple weeks.  So busy! 

Tomorrow supposed to be really cold.  My DH gave my work friend a super warm coat.  It is well made and fabric has camo - which is funny because this friend moved here from West Coast and literally laughs because he has never owned anything camo before, but also said it is the warmest coat he has ever had.  We laugh because DH always buys best quality.  I have spent my first 45 years buying discount or sale stuff, based mostly on price and availability.  Now, I buy quality - pay once and have one.  Don't spend time running around wishing I had bought something else, or buying duplicates/multiples of similar.  I buy what I want, but I research and find best buy.  Sometimes that means vintage or thrift, often ebay or Poshmark.  And my closet is not stuffed to the gills with stuff that I am not satisfied with.  I almost NEVER buy anything just becaue it is on sale now.  I buy something because I plan ahead.  My husband is trailing along with me on the reduction mentality, but he is coming along in his own time and without me saying anything.  I just love that about this man!

Anyway, so glad I got in a great yoga session last night.  it was dark going in, so that was not as weird as going in to class daylight, coming out dark.  Then I visited my friend in hospital.  Work is busy.  2 more weekends till it will be Thanksgiving.  Crazy.  My DH has day off tomorrow, I do not.  Again, I will take a paycheck.  Thank you God.  I am a temp.  We were in a hiring frenzy this summer.  Things are slowing down.  I have seen a few mass exodus in my 10 years in this gig.  I have met some people I like and see then leave and get other stuff willing and leave not willingly.  We are starting to see some worried people around us.  I will be one of those people looking for somethine else soon.  It is hard.  Change is hard.  Everyone hates rejection.  Uggggghhhh.  I just have to pray my next chapter is out there...waiting.  Have a great Thursday evening.  I like Thursday evenings, if I can ever just relax and live in the moment!

1 comment:

  1. Every time I've been to IKEA it's a half day venture just trying to get through the store LOL.

    ReplyDelete