Wednesday, January 19, 2022

We Had Freezing Rain Today

 Yay, it was fun.  Well, at least since I work at home.  I was safe and warm inside my home.  The bug guy came to spray today, so that was chaos.  We have 4 dogs and 2 of them are chihuahua's so, they bark and bark and bark non stop.  We have to put them all outside while he sprays inside, then we put them inside while he sprays outside.  They were making some weird noises, it was cold out there!  So, it spurred me to say to the guy, "well, we better get going - they are freezing out there"!  He is a talker!

We did mention to him since he is from this area and knows a lot more people than we do...we would love to find our big baby girl a home - it is just too much having 4 dogs and DH health is not great, so I think we have a lot on our plate right now.  We just took them all 4 to the vet and bought their heart worm and flea/tick meds...over $600 for all!  The vet should be ok for rest of the year, but the meds are just 12 weeks for the heart worm prevention and 6 months for the flea/tick.  Well, not totally true - we need to set another appointment for the male chihuahua as he needs his teeth cleaned, that will be another $200-$300.  

I was let off work early friday as our system was giving us issues, so they let us leave 2 hours early.  I was due to drive up to the lake to see my cousins and spend a couple nights with my aunt - one of my cousins has cancer, so I try to be supportive to them.  They have a big family and a lot of support.  My aunt is special to me, she has been such an important person in my life, alway has!  Especially after my mom (her sister) died in 1991.  She means a lot to my sister and me. 

My sister could not go, she and her husband were recovering from covid - said it was very mild.  I was not sure if the weather was going to cooperate with me, was supposed to get bad late Fri night or Sat - so when I was let off work 2 hours early I checked the forecast and was likely to outrun the bad weather - so I did.  Thank goodness the bad weather came Saturday in Mid Missouri.  I worked from the lake that day and they let us log off a half day early - as our computer system was down still.  Yay.  

My aunt spent time at the condo (more about this later!) while her sons were able to spend time at my cousin's house.  We gave them time together and she and I ate frozen pizza, granola bars and microwave popcorn (that's all we had in the condo!).  By Sunday it was at least sunny again (cold!) so we did not have any bad roads to deal with.  Sunday my cousin who is well came over and saw the condo and we went out for breakfast, then we went back over to see my cousin who is fighting cancer.  He went to bed really early Sat night and stayed in bed all day Sunday.  We were all really worried that he would not be able to take his chemo yesterday, but he did.  it was only his 4th dose and I think he has like 8 or 10 planned and he is already feeling so bad!  I HATE it for him.

Anyway, just finishing up with dinner here and i go to bed early on work nights!  Wed night we listen to music and read.  Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment