Monday, January 3, 2022

Happy New Year 2022

Well, I have missed writing to put down thoughts on paper.  

I am still teleworking mandatory 60 hours per week.  Very few days off granted right now, but I did just come off of 2 3-day weekends in a row, so that was amazing.  Now, apparently back to the grind.

I just popped in to write a quick post and see if it is something I can keep up with this year.  We shall see...

I feel like all I am doing is working, but as I reflect back on 2021 I do feel some things have changed and maybe those things will give me content for posts to share later.  But for now, just wanted to reflect on my holidays and my time off.  I enjoyed several family meals and I enjoyed playing golf twice and did a hike on the 1st.  We got a good bit of rain here in NW Arkansas, so we postponed the annual New Year's Day hike from 9am to 1:00pm, so the rain would hopefully let up and it did!  When I left my house for the 40 min drive, it was 47.  I got to the place to hike and it was falling to the low 40's and during our walk it got down to 35ish.  Wind was starting to blow so it felt colder.  Then I drove to Cabela's to see if they still had the fleece lined pants I saw when I was shopping there at Christmas - they only had a pair of jeans fleece lined.  I was hoping for more of a hiking pant on the outside (more water resistant and harder to rip on brambles, etc).  I am also having a hard time finding a really warm hat, but I do have a few warm headbands, so I will just keep looking.  

I continue to sell my work clothes on Poshmark and in turn buy more comfortable/warm clothing in return and I have also picked up a few golf and hiking pieces.  I sold quite a few things this past week (you can now sell household items on PM) and I have sold quite a bit of extra kitchen stuff, dishes, linens and even a few afgans I crocheted.  I managed today to buy a pair of fleece lined hiking pants from PM for $10!  Score.  

Well, I am exchanging my day off (Sunday) for Saturdays to be my day off this year.  I miss all the hiking and getting out and it has made me pretty depressed at times being stuck in my house working all the time and not being able to get out on organized hikes.  And I probably will never be a sole hiker, I just do not think it is safe.  I know some people do that - that is their choice, but mine is to hike with others.  


I heard a good word to pick for 2022 - "remain".  I am going to remain steady in my commitments for 2022, including being a good partner for my husband, good dog mom to our motley crew and a good friend and to be still for times that I need to be.  I tend to jump to action as a default setting, but sometimes I need to be quiet and think/listen.  

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I cannot imagine working 60 hour work weeks - why do they require that much time every week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So ridiculous, huh? And I have been doing it for going on 16 months!

      Delete