Tuesday, January 4, 2022



A couple pretty shots of the golf course.  

Today it is still cold, but at least it is above 32 and sunny.  So, I talked DH in to a brisk walk at 5:30 when I log out.  He agreed.  I am trying to encourage and be supportive, but not push him into walking or trying to be healthy.  He has to decide to do it.  

During the last year I was not blogging, his health was OK, nothing earth shattering...but he has deteriorated in terms of his back pain.  Other areas he seems to be improving, or doing ok, but his back bothers him and makes him depressed.  

For me, when I get depressed, part of my therapy is exercise.  Including yoga.  But DH is older than I, so I cannot imagine how hard constant pain must be.  I do know one thing, though, whether it is constant physical pain or mental pain/sadness, one way to alleviate that is to get our mind on other things.  Even as minor as meditation.  But for me, walking, esp outside is helpful.  If I walk alone, I listen to music or book or podcast.  If I walk on my treadmill, I watch TV.  But my preference is out hiking a beautiful trail.

I am so grateful for my yoga instructor.  She continued to keep our yoga class going each week during the pandemic - on zoom.  So, I adjusted to doing yoga in my spare room twice a week, alone on zoom and I got really used to it and looked forward to it.  We did this for a year and a half!  We just started back in class in October.  So crazy.  I go Mondays and Thursdays after work.  I have just enough time with my current schedule, to log off and run out the door - but it works out.

Well, we are having left over vegetable beef soup for dinner after our walk.  Have a great Tuesday night!


 

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to see a couple posts! I am glad you and hubby are OK, and keeping safe. Yoga being a constant for you sounds amazing, I fell off the workout train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working out is hard, but necessary for me!

    ReplyDelete