Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Smoothies

After work I usu go to the gym or yoga.  Then I go home and have a quick smoothie.  This accomplishes a few things.  Taking the deciding out of dinner makes it quick and easy, yet nutritious.  Also, I can just stash my fruit and protein powder out of the way in cabinet and freezer so I don't get in my aunt and uncle's way.  They are awesome, but I just want to be non invasive as possible.  I am not easily tempted to eat junk.

The biggest benefit though, is due to my tummy issues, having a clean smoothie with some fruit, non dairy milk (almond, coconut, rice) and some vegan protein and it is easy on my tummy.  I am guilty of both helping my aunt and uncle eat more nutritious smoothies, I have also given them some goodies from my local bakery near my retirement home.  But, the smoothies are a winner with them and that is what my uncle asks for almost every night.  He loves some frozen strawberries and some frozen bananas just blended - he likes it like ice cream and it is better for him.

Today I am turning in a large project I did for my freelance work.  I am glad to have it over with and eager to see how it is received.  Today is the day I remind DH to change out the hummingbird feeder nectar.  I saw on the internet that when the weather gets above 85, it needs to be changed every couple of days.  It is amazing how they seem to know when we put fresh nectar out. 

Happy (hummingbird?) hump day!

4 comments:

  1. I love a smoothie, too--banana, strawberries, blueberries, bit of orange juice, half cup of plain yogurt. Tommy hates bananas, so he gets cantaloupe. Since I eat meat and eggs, I do no protein powder since a person can get too much protein. That is nice of you to make them smoothies.


    I hope you don't use the nectar with red food coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum, I use to have smoothies a lot. You may have inspired me to take the habit back up.
    I don't have to worry about changing the nectar. I have lots of hummers and a red bellied wood pecker that make sure it doesn't last long enough to go bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of people really like smoothies. Me, not so much.
    I'd rather chew my calories! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m from USA am here to give my testimony about Dr Robinson who helped me cure my HERPES (HSV), i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS), i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. Three months ago a friend suggested that I try herbal medicine; from a very powerful herbal doctor called (Dr.Robinson) I looked up his blog on the internet site and indeed he have had immense success with his product. There were lot of persons posting their testimony about how he cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result just came out negative. (Robinson.buckler (@ yahoo). com 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂 I must admit ( ( Robinson.buckler) ) is really a genuine man when it comes to getting an ex lover back

    ReplyDelete