Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Tuesday, no News Day

No news is good news regarding my 3 classmates who have cancer.  We hope that is good.  They are all just in a holding pattern, probably valuing each and every moment they get to be alive and spend time with their family. 

One of our classmates, we are doing online fundraiser.  She evidently lost her job and has to travel approx. 35-40 miles to get her cancer treatment.  I guess she is very ill and wasting away.  She is too proud to tell anyone what is going on, so we are going to do a drive among our class and friends to get her some gas cards, food cards and Walmart cards so she can buy herself some essentials. 

My friend who always has lots of ideas thinks we should do a Cancer Sucks 5K back in our hometown.  I think it is a great idea.  There are a couple other people from my hometown in different classes who also have cancer.  It is crazy.  Both my folks died from cancer, but they did not grow up here and their cancer was caused by smoking. 

Anyway, just a regular old Tuesday - and that is a good thing.  I need to be grateful for my every day too.  Gratitude is a muscle that I have learned to use and grow and for that I am grateful.  A regular old Tuesday for me might be the last day one of my friends has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment