Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Cancer Sucks

My friend from high school, L (one of my friends from high school with cancer, I have 3) is now on hospice with her liver failing.  Her son posted a video of him playing his guitar and singing to her this weekend.  In his post, he asks for the many family and friends to give him, his mom and dad time to process this and be together.  That the amount of messages, calls, emails, posts...has been considerable, but becomes stressful when they cannot possibly respond to them all.  So he asks for us to send prayers and do a random act of kindness for another person and think of his mom. 

Looks like from her son she did a great job at raising him.  :(

4 comments:

  1. I have liver problem. If nothing else, I would try stem cell therapy. But, who really knows what I would do. I am sorry for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancer does suck!
    I agree, she did an excellent job raising her son. Bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As sad as it is, these things in life we deal with really to make us who we are. He will go on to be a great husband, father, son to his father, etc. And for us all to now wish my friend peace and end to her suffering. That is why cancer sucks. It affects so many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad. He sounds like a very good son.

    ReplyDelete