Saturday, December 15, 2018

Down Day

Wednesday evening DH took our large SUV back to the city to sell.  His brother owns business in busy area.  It is parked out in front.  Plus, research shows a decent 4wd SUV no rust, gets higher price up there. 

Wed night I baked.  Thursday I drove with girlfriend to see our 2 good friends with cancer,  we had lunch and chatted.  Fun.  Stressful.  Plus it rained all day.   I was tired of driving,  esp in rain at night.

I got home 11pm to get my Christmas stuff ready to go up to city, see my aunts, granny, former coworker friend B and drive DH back home.  He golfed with his brother Thursday.  

I took pup with me both days.  It is heartbreaking seeing our 2 friends going thru this.   And their families.  Part of the sadness getting to point in life when you start losing contemporaries is seeing the sadness of your group of buddies suffering along besides us.

I had wonderful visit back hometown, then city Friday.  DH and I fell asleep front of TV early last night!

Today, yoga and TV.  Along with hot tea and few cookies.  Life is good. 

Coincidentally, wellness challenge day 13 is send encouraging text to 5 people.  Done.  Encouraged my aunt in her support of her sister and have texted more than 5 of my childhood friends in this cancer experience.   And just now texted my city neighbors and told them I was thinking of them...today one year ago the buried their daughter.

Hug your loves tight.  And if that's not possible,  let your memories comfort you.

Day 14, wake up early to pray.   Done.  Day 15...plan a smoothie or tea date with a friend.  We are going to eat with parents in law tomorrow.

P.S.  we got a text from BIL...SUV sold in 1 day!  Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

  1. I don't like driving at nught or in tge rain-both of them at the same time always makes me glad to get home. That's fantastuc that you sold your vehicle in 1 day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you sold your SUV so quickly.
    I don't like driving at night in the rain either.

    ReplyDelete