Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Appreciate Each Day


Wellness challenge for today is to unsubscribe from unnec emails.  Already done.  To me, electronic clutter is just as bad as actual clutter.  I keep off many mailing lists as much as possible, physical mailing (no catalogs, no magazines).  I always unsubscribe email lists.  When they ask at the store, my friend gave me a good idea for a response.  I just politely say "decline" when they ask for email or phone number.

The phone trolling is just out of control.  DH and I are getting 2-6 calls a day from unknown phones.  We don't answer.  I am convinced they more you answer, the more you get.
I have done some cooking making and baking.  2 fails.  One new recipe and one old.  I will just freeze and eat this winter when I am desperate for baked coods and too lazy.  My DH said I must be distracted.  I am pretty preoccupied with my online sales.  I am thinking this is not a fit for me.  This first year of retirement may be a big exercise in just what is right for me - and I will gladly take that.

Yesterday DH and I took the pup and went to a state park the next state over, we could not believe how cool this area was.  We were the only ones there for quite a while, making Tuesdays a natural exploration day going forward.  There was a large waterfall and the trails all around it where made to explore it at all different heights.  It was quite a find!  Then I dropped my phone and cracked the screen.  God's way of telling me to stop taking photos and just be in the moment.  That was what our instructor was telling us in yoga class Monday night.  Message received.  Could explain my "baking" fails too.

Another way this message is being driven home for me...another of our childhood friends has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.  I need to enjoy each day to the fullest.
Getting ready to cook some pork chops for DH before he leaves to drive to the city to play golf with his brother and take our SUV that we are selling.  Wish me luck!  I am having kitchen challenges!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place to explore. Sorry about your phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I called today and confirmed that I did have insurance that will replace it! Thank goodness!

      Delete
  2. look delicious foods, and nice view.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly, I've been away from reading blogs and have missed your postings on wellness. Right now I'm in the midst of Christmas baking, but I will return to your blog one day after Christmas and read all of your postings for these days. The one today--on living in the present/embracing the moment--is something that I've been trying to do for 50 years. Some days are better than others with this. In fact, some hours are better than others! I have a tendency to always be thinking of the next thing. And so I miss the beauty and the peace of the moment I'm in. thank you for reminding me. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peace to you too! And Merry Christmas!⛄🎄🍭🎅

      Delete