Friday, December 21, 2018

Hello Winter

Luke 1:78-79, “Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace.” (NLT)

It got pretty cool yesterday.  I slept pretty good last night.  Having headache and back ache made my put off my last batch of cookies for today.  Now I wish I had powered through.  I bought a new crockpot, broke the crock for my other one.  Looked online and couple thrifts, could not readily find a new crock.  I will keep the shell and lid for a couple months...see if I can find another crock.  If not, I can trash then.

Woke up yesterday at 4am...stayed in bed till 6 and got up.  Watched the sun come up.

Later in the day, we moved around some stuff so that we could move my truck in the shop.  It really makes things tight in there, but the truck is new and expensive, so we wanted to store inside.  I finally got all the commission friend's sister's shoes listed on Poshmark.  I have 146 left, but they are all cleaned and listed.  I brought all the boots back in my house, hoping I can get them all sold by end of February.  The boxes of shoes I have narrowed down to at lieast a single file against far wall of the shop, allowing the truck in.   I have 41 of my own listings, mostly jeans and shoes.  I have sold gross of over $600 for her and couple hundred for myself.  I am saving up for another pair or 2 of tennis shoes.  They are all I wear now.  So I am just going to embrace it.

My high school class is planning a late January get together.  I have been working on it with my friend.  I have to use DH phone.  No telling when mine will be back.  She laughs and tells me she found ANOTHER BOX of shoes.  They are totally ok with and I am thinking someday...if all the stuff is listed and I don't want to perpetually stock my inventory...I will let the listings dwindle and I will either donate the last bit, or take them somewhere to sell in person on commission.  I will see what happens.  My friend said, get what I can and donate the rest.  They just needed them gone.

What are you donating?  Baking?  Hope your day is filled with Christmas preparations and happy planning!

3 comments:

  1. I'm donating only checks this year to a number of Native American groups, especially those in the cold North land. As to baking, I'm getting better and better at baking biscotti! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I donated two bicycles and two big bags of clothes, which included four old leather jackets and a raincoat. I'm sure they will be put to good use! I only made one batch of cookies. Chocolate with royal icing. I'm no artist, but I enjoy decorating the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feels so good to purge! My DH is off deer hunting this weekend and I am tempted to go through the whole house and get rid of stuff!

    ReplyDelete