Thursday, December 31, 2020

Don't Have to Tell Me to Stay at Home NYE

 I usually prefer to stay at home, or small parties with friends on NYE.  A few times in my life I have gotten dressed up and went out to the fancy party with the crowds, but I almost always wished I had stayed home.  I just don't really like crowds that much anytime, and even when I was younger, preferred to be cosy at home staying warm.  

I have had some fun parties at people's homes on NYE and enjoyed the fun.  But eventually I just gave in to the preference to stay home, and have not been out for NYE for probably 10 years.  So, this year will be no different, except since it is supposed to rain over night and into the early morning, my hiking group post poned our 9am hike thinking it might be drier at noon.  So, I even get to sleep in!

Last year I was up at 5:30am to get to my hiking destination an hour away be sunrise - actually we started a bit before sunrise so that we could get in our intended 13 mile loop before it got too dark.  We even had a knee high water crossing.  It was fairly rugged and steep hike in places, but we kept a really good pace and finished well before dark.  I came home, I recall and took an epson salt bath.  Then I lazed about the day after, because I was in between jobs.  This year I at least get to sleep in, but Sat the 2nd I have to get up early and be back to work.

The government job I have is still making us do mandatory 60 hour weeks.  I understand that funding for my project renewed for another year, so I should have a job for a few years.  That's ok with me, i just really look forward to the weeks that we an work 40 hours.

Anyway, so many people are hurting and short on money this year, many people have lost loved ones, it has been a very serious and devastating year.  I hope that where ever you are and whatever your circumstance, that you know that you are not alone, that others out there care and that no matter what, tomorrow is another day.  

I wish a healthy and prosperous 2021 for you and your family.

3 comments: