Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Almost Christmas!

 I am off 2 days in a row, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  I am very excited.  I haven't had more than Sunday off since mid October!  Then I work Sat and am off Sunday.  

I am so lucky that DH went to Aldi's today for our Christmas Day dinner.  We are going to have roast pork loin and potatoes and carrots.  I am going to roast some broccoli in the over too.  We are just going to stop by and give his folks a little something for Christmas - I got them a basket of goodies to eat.  Just favorite treats and snacks, I am also going to make cookies tomorrow.  Other than that, just DH and I.  

A close family member that got covid and died in 3 weeks made me convinced more than ever that we need to be very careful around DH folks - they are 84 and 85.  Our family member on my side that passed away was a very healthy and active 81 year old, with no underlying health problems.  So, no chances for us.

Tonight after work, i am going to make a healthy batch of brownies (got the Paleo Sweets cookbook earlier this year).  For me to watch my sugar (trying to lose this 15 I have gained since "retiring" and keep DH sugar low - as he is diabetic).  And I have a casserole I threw together today that we will have tonight.  Tomorrow, we will eat pretty clean, so we can enjoy a couple of cookies.  DH also got us a bit of fruit, so we can feel like that is a treat too.  I have been juicing about 2 bunches of celery a week, and it is not too bad at all!

I hope everyone out there has a wonderful Christmas.  It might not resemble Christmases we are used to, or envisioned for ourselves and our families, but sometimes that happens.  Blessings I wish on you all out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment