Wednesday, November 4, 2020

A Very Sad Post

 My very Dearest and Cherished Grandmother died yesterday.

RIP BEL 3/6/1919 - 11/3/2020

Have been so busy dealing with the end of my Granny's last days on earth.  She was moved into her new apartment right next to her daughter end of September.  She fell a couple more times, broke her wrist about 2 weeks ago.  I did not have a chance to get up and see her in the city to tell her about the wild horses and all the springs, like I had hoped.  But once she declined, she declined quickly.  So, after my very first week on my new job, on my day off (Sunday) my sister and my niece drove up to see if she would know us.  She was resting peacefully, but gave signs she might have heard us.  We held her hands and stroked her hair and told her her job here on earth was done and to fly and be free.  We know she is excited to go to heaven and see her parents, sister, sister in law, brothers, cousins, husbands, dauther in law (my mom) and especially her son.  

So, as the entire free world is watching the election results, I am getting her obit finished, her funeral arrangements, her pictures and preparing the picture she painted of me and the afgan I crocheted her to be buried with her.  

Whatever the outcome, be nice to each other out there.  

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry about the circumstances of her death. That is really sad. I thought things were going to work out for her after the move. I know you are grieving in the midst of this chaos. Be as kind to yourself as you were to your grandmother. Now, I am crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss and your hurt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your loss but take heart in the fact that she lived a very long life and a piece of her will live on in you and all her descendants and you all can honor her memory. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my condolences. i am glad you did see her before her passing and shared a long life with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss. 99 years old - that is wonderful you were able to have her in your life for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry to read of your Granny's death. What a long life she lived. Thinking of you & wishing you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone. Doing ok, just struggle sleeping right now.

    ReplyDelete