Friday, November 20, 2020

Fun Easy Post with Pictures!








I took these photos back in early and mid summer as I laid out stepping tiles and planted grass in between and then got our fountain set up.  

I thought this would be a fun post to reflect back on how much I love spring and summer and how I still like fall, but as the leaves all get brown and fall off and it is all brown and gray outside, and then the darkness comes...yuck not so much.  LOL.  

This area of my yard is between the back porch and our deck where grass is sort of hard to grow because of the shade and because it is high traffic area.  Plus, I knew I wanted to put a fountain here, and I considered doing completely flagstones, but that was going to be too expensive and too harsh looking anyway.  I don't really want to do much landscaping here, because the leaves really get thick in here and it is so hard to rake out of all these corners.  So, I thought these pavers spread out would help with the traffic and minimize the effect of the non consistent grass growing.  Plus, it gives us a platform for the fountain and i just mow over it as if it were all grass.  I think I like it.  I put a groundcover over lining the deck, so it will fill in and i won't have to trim up by the deck, just let it grow.  I can't wait to see how it does next spring after it gets going.  This is the light green moneywort and it is very low maintenance.  Around the edge over next to the patio I am going to get large river rocks and just make a nice border, where i can rake or blow the leaves off easily and it will look nice since we don't have gutters on this side and the rain just drips.  

Oh, how far away spring feels...

 

2 comments:

  1. I love Spring and Summer, too. This darkness, not at all. And, I love the paving. I wondered what you planted. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Just grass in between the pavers...so far. Its a work in progress. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete