Thursday, October 22, 2020

Springs and more springs!

 UPDATE:  I heard late last week that the place where my grandmother lived is not going to pursue an extra month rent due to the reasons I pointed out.  I am SOOOOO grateful, I saved her $2000!

I am in orientation and virtual training this week, switching over to my new job.  I took a break today after training, before my zoom yoga class to post some pictures from my hiking trip last week.

We saw 7 different springs.  It is amazing the area in less than 100 mile radius has the type of geographical features that allow the viewing of so many beautiful springs.  This is not all of them, just the ones I saw.

Alley Springs


Cave Spring

Welch Spring



Round Spring



Blue Spring

Big Spring

Mammouth Spring

I noticed on the map there were a few of the springs with the same name, Blue Spring, for instance.  I guess they were running out of ideas.  Maybe Wet Spring or Roaring Spring wasn't considered, LOL.  Many of these springs are close to parking so you can drive and not have to walk too far.  The Alley Spring was the most photogenic - the bright red mill next to it and the walk around it made it easy to photograph.  Big, Blue and Round springs came out from under a rock cliff, making it harder to get a representation in a photograph of the size/color.  The Blue Spring was an amazing blue color, and so deep (over 300 feet?) that it was dark and hard to see.  The Welch Spring was cool, because next to it sits an abandoned hospital.  Eery.  It was about a mile walk.  Cave Spring was connected to the Current River, I was able to kayak into it directly from the river last month - which was much easier than the 2.5+ miles up and down into the woods required to walk to it.  There were a couple want to see next time I am in that area, such as Pulltight Spring.  Just not enough time.

Well, the days are still pretty warm after a brief cool/rainy couple of days - my plants are liking that and so am I because we unhooked our hoses in case it freezes and i left them unhooked so i don't forget and have freeze damage.  Tomorrow is supposed to warm to nearly 80 then drop to 40.  While i was gone last week, DH arranged for a delivery of a rick of wood for us to burn this winter.  It probably isn't quite enough for the entire winter, but we can always get a little more.

My brain is tired after training, esp virtual/online training.  It is so boring and hard to pay attention.  At least they gave us plenty of breaks so we could get up and move around.  I swear that in the last few years, the worst types of soreness/injury I have had are from sitting too much at work and sleeping wrong, lol.  

I am LOVING our new bed though.  I am excited to have our new bed intime for winter and our rik of wood.  What have you out there been doing to prepare for winter?  I have been thinking of getting one of those salt lamps too - I just replenished my vitamin D supply and use LED lights as much as possible due to SAD.  The dark/damp just bums me out.  So, all winter it is important for me on nice days as much as possible to get out there and get a little sun on my face/arms.  "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can".  I have some relatives who are having a hard time with some health issues that i am thinking of, so i am blessed with my lack of problems there.  I hope this is not a long winter and i hope you are safe and well where ever you are reading this from!










1 comment:

  1. Holly Springs in Mississippi is near where my mother was born and grew up. My mother had a spring on their property, their 90 acres. Those are beautiful springs you showed us. I would love a new bed! It will be a month before we have to unplug hoses, thankfully. Right now, Halloween is in full force, so we have decorated inside and out. The older I get, the worse sitting hurts me. However, I would like to be in class.

    ReplyDelete