Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Working Hard, Playing Hard

Well, i have been really working hard at my temp job.  We have been training and switching roles fairly regularly.  About the time i start to get comfortable with what i am supposed to understand and do...i get switched to another role.  It is a little stressful, but not nearly as stressful as this economy is to all the small business owners out there who i am trying to help.

And speaking of which, I have not had one rude person.  Well, maybe a little bit rude, but not bad at all...especially considering my former life occupation when i was an insurance adjuster!  I feel for all these people trying to keep business going during such a weird time...and they mostly all have been very polite.  Inspiring to me.

Well, having said that...about working hard, i did limit my hours the last 2 weeks to just 41 and took a part of the last 2 fridays to enjoy some time with family and friends.  Had a nice Forth.  Here are a couple of photos from the lake view.


The first was a nice firework i tried to capture.  2nd photo is 3 of those lanterns that people light on fire and set afloat - how are these legal?!  But frankly, i thought the fireworks unable to compete with that fabulous moon!  Am I right?


So, when i have not been working and running around i have been watering all my plants!  We are going on like 6 week drought here and i am trying not to lose some of my bushes, flowers and trees we have lovingly planted!  About 2 hours a day i am watering, weeking and picking veggies!

Here are some of my produce photos.  My tomatoes are getting ready to just go nuts!  I cannot wait.  Hope you had a nice Fourth of July and are staying cool.




2 comments:

  1. Your veggies look lovely though I am not a fan of Swiss Chard..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We grew swiss chard last year for the first time (never had even heard of it). I am trying to be more familiar with my leafy greens! And we really like it chopped up and wilted in some olive oil in a saucepan - like a mild spinach. My neighbor though, just puts it in her smoothies.

    ReplyDelete