Monday, July 20, 2020

Monday Mysteries

Couple of mysteries...First one.  I was excited that my banana tree my friend mailed me last year from Florida made it through the winter and was looking really nice (it does not get really tall like some i see around here).  But it was really full and lush looking.  Then we realized not only does it have a couple new plants coming off it...but 3!  So i offer to send one to my OK cousin whom i know loves growing things and a couple to my brother in law who loves growing things.  Well i sent my sister a picture of the plant and she says, i don't want anything to do with that weird scaly reptile looking thing! 

I looked at the picture again, and was like what is she talking about?  And then i realize it is my little barn i have underneath!  LOL


My cousin got her banana plant in the mail and was very excited!

I got around to making my sister and myself a 'windchime' with my holey rocks!  I gave her hers this weekend.  We both agree they are cute, but need metal to hit the rocks to make more sound.  So we set out at couple places to find the perfect objects that were 1)  metal, 2)  would 'wear' well out in the elements and 3) were inexpensive.  We found these cute little crosses at Hobby Lobby and bought 3 each.  They will help the sound.

I used fishing line and a piece of my Crepe Myrtle old wood.  

Speaking of planting...i gave my Florida friend some seeds from my jasmine.  I can't wait to see how this stuff does down there.  We have to bring ours in the garage every winter.  We got the non hardy version and my husband refuses to let it die back.  It smells so good!

OK for the other mystery...We had the handy man put a motion sensor light in the peak of our house to the north early June.  And we have another one in the back yard, which is fenced in.  Well, the back yard light never goes on unless it is us or the dogs that activate it.  But the north side we see on all hours of the night.  Last night it was on when i got up at 2am and i peered out the window and could see nothing!  Also, there have been 2 times something has pooped in my raised garden beds.  Weird.  DH thinks it is a stray cat or racoon.  I am now thinking i need a game camera on that side of the house!  It is interesting.  These are shots of that area during the day and at night.  The lights you see here are the solar spot lights i have trained on my arch i am growing wisteria on.  

Last photos are my porch swings
And my dog Penny enjoying the window seat.  Have a great week!

2 comments: