Thursday, July 19, 2018

Under the Weather

At least we had a bit of scattered rain and a break in the 90's temps.  For 2 days.  Today, supposed to be back in high 90's.  It occurred to me I could be having allergies.  My throat hurts, my eyes itch for over a week now  I did not realize how soon ragweed blooms.  Another sign that summer is waning.  I looked it up.  Ragweed pollen is low, but it is starting...

I know that milkweed blooms and thistle is past its prime.  It is obvious due to the bright colors and fragrance.  Once the thistle starts to dry out, you will notice the birds.  I hear them before I see them.  The gold finches.  They love the thistle.  I am seeing them, but not as much as normal because we are not in our house in the city any longer and I have not been walking as much.  Plus I walk later, due to the heat.

Well there you have it.  I am grateful for the seasons.  Before we know it, we will be freezing again!
P.S.  Update since I wrote this - after last 3 days I know I am sick with a cold.  I am sure I got it from the hotel.  So many germs.  DH had it first and now I have it.  I missed work Tuesday, despite needing the money to pay off my NYC trip I charged.  So, I cancelled all my Friday afternoon plans and now I will work all day Friday to get in my 40 hours.  But today I am even worse.  I feel a little bit guilty about bringing my germs to work with me, but it is a conundrum.  I wish all employees had at least a few days of sick days that they could stay home and not worry about their shrinking pay check.  Last night I took a short walk after work, my stomach is still upset and I thought that would help that a little and make my sleepy.  Between my stomach and my head cold I can barely breathe.  Night sweats, body aches last night.  Good times.  But I went to bed pretty early and slept decent.  So, here's to getting through Thursday.

Anyone else get a cold this summer?  Then I have the full blown ragweed to look forward to!  Lucky me!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awful. I have had some allergies but nothing serious. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think part of the problem about summer colds is that it is too hot to have soup and they are so unexpected, I just could not wrap my mind around what was happening!

    ReplyDelete