Monday, July 1, 2019

Monday before Holiday

I had a nice quiet weekend at retirement country home with DH.  We relaxed because of the heat.  In the 90's which is not too bad, but the humidity was 94%!  I got home mid day Friday and caught up with my DH, my dogs and my laundry.  Then we sat in the shade and read.  I watered my plants real well once it cooled off a bit.  Then light quick trip to store, dinner and watching TV.  

Saturday I took my pup for early walk, she was still panting heavily even though it had not reached 80 yet.  The humidity is just oppressive!  I watered everything again and did about 30 min of weeding in my flower garden box.  My sister came over and we took a ride in the new convertible and went to the farmers market and had smoothies.  I got a late in season box of blueberries.  They were good!

Then mid day she had to get home and DH and I got a little sun before it got too terrible and then I read while he napped.  We had baked potatoes and chips and salsa/guacamole.  No meat.  I forgot to thaw anything out.  But DH had picked out a really good watermelon and we had that for dessert.  I am on week 2 of no sugar (except for fruit).  I felt sort of like I was detoxing all weekend (stomach issues - but not nearly as bad as last week!).  Then, by Sunday, I felt pretty good! 

Since I have short week at work, I stayed at home until early Monday and got up at 4am and drove 3 hours to the city.  I told my aunt not to expect me until today.  Was fun seeing the sun come up.  No traffic till about 30 miles out of the city.  Now I sit here waiting for an assignment. 

Poor DH is growing weary of this working out of town.  I am too, obviously.  But he is lonely, I can tell.  We had some really good talks.  Some plans.  Some suggestions.  But we are in it as a team.

I hope you have a short week too! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend and I remember those short work weeks. Loved them. Of course every day is the weekend when you retire.

    ReplyDelete