Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Little More Chatty

These are some of my pretty lilies.

I had a great weekend.  Got lots of stuff done, but also spent some great down time with DH.  I listened to a podcast this weekend (I Survive).  This gal was admitted to the hospital end of June - had some poor medical care, they called it the "july Effect".  She had a counselor who helped her with post partum - go to bed same time, get up same time.  I suggested this to my DH as he is struggling a little with depression I suspect.  He said he is tired all the time and does not want to get up.  I know he is adjusting that I am not there all the time now, but part of me still feels this is the correct thing for me to do right now - work.  It doesn't have to be forever, I just needed to find an outlet while we adjust to this new life we have.  In some ways I feel DH is adjusting, them we will have a weekend where we don't want to be around each other and I can't wait to leave for work.  Then when I leave, I am really sad and miss DH and our dogs and our house and our yard. 

I have a friend at work who is a lot like my husband, told me to present it as cavemen did it, rather than connection to the earth woo woo stuff.  He said since I go to yoga but DH doesn't, would not be as effective, haha.  So, I hope DH will try to go to bed and get up same times - but I feel like once I am gone to work, he just does whatever he wants to do. 

Part of the issue he is dealing with is constant chronic back pain.  He can't get any relief, but he is also unwilling to try anything like chiropractic, traction, exercises and stretching, meditation, diet or anything except 1)  surgery - which he tried in 2009 and 2)  medication (more about this in an upcoming post).  So, then I get disgusted and am not very sympathetic one minute and then feel very sad for him the next.  At least when I am gone to work, I am not judging him and being critical. 
I guess honestly it is a good way for me to keep my own side of the street clean and work on prayer and acceptance...and love...as we approach our 12 year anniversary. 

But at least this week they made if official at work and told me I am cleared to go to 3 ten hour days, so I can have Monday and Friday off and get things done at home and just be in the city 2 to 3 nights a week. 

Super Soul Podcasts re Reverend John Gray...building bridges.  Loved it.  I need to listen to more inspirational pods, books and music.  I listened to It is Well by Kristene Dimarco and loved it.  Have a great Tuesday!


2 comments:

  1. Your DH sounds a lot like mine. That is great you will be going to 310's and can spend more days at home. I'm sure that will help your dh, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am willing to try anything to help with the back pain, but surgery is inevitable for me. Your flowers are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete