Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Challenge of being 85

My sweet uncle took a fall last night.  I was glad I was up here in the city because I drove he and my aunt to a downtown hospital at 9:30 last night.  He has serious health challenges, heart, lungs, kidneys.  We were worried about his ribs/lungs. 

We had just fixed a nice meal of baked potatoes and salad.  I brought my aunt and uncle some tomatoes we grew that we were very excited about.  He was in so much pain he did not have one bite.  It was so sad.

He was admitted.  Aunt and I not home till 2am.  She is having some challenges of her own.  My heart goes out to them at this time.  I slept 5 hours last night and made it through the work day.  Barely.  I am going to go take a leisurely walk and then go to bed early tonight. 

I hope the ribs are not broken.  He fell in the kitchen.  Fell pretty hard.  Appreciate the little things, family, friends, love because things can change so quick.

On a happier note.  The picture with my arm in it is my catalpa tree we planted 2 years ago.  The picture was taken in late April or early May.  2nd picture was about 10 days ago.  I drew the line where my shoulder is for comparison. 

3 comments:

  1. I make it a point to fall often! lol I will probably die from a fall. Well, I have 12 years to 85. I do hope he is better. What are you feeding that tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of water! In my part of the south we have had almost our rainfall for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope he is ok and recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete