Saturday, March 16, 2019

Company Coming

Today is Saturday.  I have my girlfriend, T coming.  She is from the city where we used to meet.  We met over a mutual love of coffee, about 15 years ago.  Her DH also rode motorcycles, and the 4 of us went on a few rides together.  Then in 2009 I got my license and my own bike.  T got her license and her bike a few years ago.  I have not told T I have my bike listed for sale.

She was going to come down the weekend of my birthday, last weekend, but she had to make up for some time away from work.  She had the flue bad enough, she had to go the er.

I look forward to talking to her about that and about yoga.  We started yoga together about 7 years ago.  I also look forward to talking about doing a yoga retreat next year.  And going back to the city first week of April and going to our old yoga studio together.  I am glad I am skipping yoga today, my shoulder continues to be really persistent in giving me pain and numbness.  I have been the to chiro twice, and will go couple more times before our road trip next week.

Another thing I look forward to is talking to her about what I am struggling with a little bit.  I will talk about it here in the future.  I have not talked to another person, except my sister.  This is sort of related to me having my bike listed for sale.  I want to continue to condense our "stuff", liquidate and focus on having some fun experiences.  Sometimes I feel like DH is with me, sometimes I feel like he wants other things.

He did dig deep and agree to list some extra things, like some expensive watches, a couple sets of gold clubs and an expensive coat.  But he continues to shop and it makes me feel very uncomfortable.  If he is just shopping to curate and condense, I am ok.  If he is not being honest about just condensing what we have and curating, but continues to aimlessly shop we will have a big problem.  Even doing that, frustrates me because he shows no such enthusiasm for doing things, improving his health or home related stuff.  I shop too, but I have the same enthusiasm for home projects, working in the yard, setting up our garden, hiking, crocheting, yoga, etc.

We both spend too much time on our phones!  Lol.  Well, I do have to remember that things don't change overnight.  This is a big adjustment and I am trying to be patient for one year.

What are you all struggling with?  Anything you can related to?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your time with your friend and was able to share your troubles with someone. Hopefully your husband starts to see things your way and you can simplify your life. I missed your birthday but hope that the coming year is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So sweet. We are going on a road trip tomorrow. So we are looking forward to that. I am thinking about calling my job when I get back and see about working through the summer for some extra savings.

      Delete