Sunday, March 31, 2019

Online Listing Flurry

Still catching up from being away a week.  But we have gotten lots done.

Both cruiser motorcycles were not running, we fixed that.  I had mine listed, but got no bites, so I am doing a few updates to make it more custom and fit me better.  I will keep it for now, see if riding it with few tweaks feels right to me.

I cleaned windows and cleaned out the small sedan we are selling to nephew.  DH making a few updates to his new sedan.  We are staying at 3 cars for now.  I feel more comfortable with 3.  4 too many to care for.  I still overall wish for downsizing, but I have to compromise, as DH not there yet.

I have listed 28 mini formal purses and 7 regular purses for my sister in law on Poshmark.  She is working to get her retail store opened.  Second hand finds.  Not antique, definitely not flea market.  More of a unique second hand store, she has carefully curated over the years.  Some stuff antique that she used to display as a museam in the small town library.  New city counsel did not agree with her vision, even though our little town saw many people come just to see the "museum" she arranged.  The library really too big for our town, she had entire 2nd flour totally done up in a wonderful living museum of anything from 40's to 70's kitchen, office, living room...luggage and personal effects.  Even planes, trains and automobiles.  Animal taxidermy donations.  Quite a bunch to see and enjoy.  Now I understand that she has retired, it is essentially empty.  Why?!  Small towns need to attract people to keep vibrant and alive, infuse commerce into the small business owner just trying to survive.

Today, I listed her purses...they do better with wider electronic/Facebook marketplace audience.  As do clothes, shoes...maybe costume jewelry.  But I think she will bring in some traffic.  I hope for her sake.  She and BIL trying to navigate adjustment of retirement/semi retirement...so are DH and I...more on that later.

Oh well, off to do a 6 mile walk with hiking people.  Then visit my friend briefly.  I need to discuss some concerns I have about a family member (cousin N) sure how to talk about yet.

Have a great Sunday!  Beautiful and sunny here!  But cool.

1 comment:

  1. I think that museum sounds neat. Yes, small towns do have a problem with understanding some vision. Ours is the same way. Good luck on all the sales!

    ReplyDelete