Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Winter is Coming

Reminds me of the old Game of Thrones memes.  Did you watch Game of Thrones?  I watched very late, in 2019 after DH and I retired (I am now un-retired) and working a gazillion hours a week.  I asked off for this Saturday to go on another hike and still have not been told if I am going to get the day off.

Today it is getting cold and windy and gray.  Supposed to be snowing this evening.  People i am friends with on Facebook are talking about the snow they are getting and how the stores are all busy and running out of milk and bread.  Isn't it strange that is what everyone buys when the weather turns bad.

I got a wagon full of wood so we can have a fire in our woodstove tonight.  Supposed to be cold through Friday and fairly typical Saturday, so I am still going to go on that hike if I get the day off.  If not, I will take a long weekend the weekend of President's Day and go on a roadtrip to hike in TX with a hiking friend.  Go ahead employer...make my day.

So, Sunday was a pretty sunny day and i enjoyed a 5.5 mile with with some hiker friends on a golf course in Bella Vista.  Was such a pretty course and pretty day.  I missed the first half of the Chiefs game, then hurried home with tacos.  Just in time to see the sad ending...booooooo.

Oh well, guess I don't have to stay up late and watch the Super Bowl and be tired the next day.  Ha - gotta look at the positive.  

I did get a chuckle out of this i saw on FB:



No comments:

Post a Comment