Tuesday, February 8, 2022

More Winter

 Well, we got about 6 inches of snow last week and it has stayed pretty chilly, but warming up slowly.  We still have some patches here and there, but the sun is making short work of it. 

I am trying to go strict on keto, want to lose a little weight in case I get to go on a little vacation with my cousin to Mexico.  This is Rocky Point Mexico, so she will be driving down from her home if Phoenix.  She has been many times over the years.  But my DH is a little nervous, what do you think.  It includes driving about 60 miles from the Mexican border down to the gulf.  It may not be an issue, because I have to send in my passport to be renewed, so I will pay for the expedited but it's anyone's guess whether it will come back in a timely manner...stay tuned.

I have made some pretty decent keto recipes...one for a dessert called Sex in a Pan...you can find it on Pinterest.  I found the addition of a 1/2 cup of finely chopped almonds really helps the "crust".  I gave the recipe to my girlfriend in Florida and she and I both discussed it could be made easier with sugar free-instant pudding and cool whip.  But I am proud of myself for making homemade pudding and it was really good (rich).  



I also made a good "mock" potato salad made with roasted cauliflower.  It was pretty good too.  And a decent bread, made with almond flour and baking soda.  I will definately make these again.

The other day they were spreading chicken waste in a field and there were vultures, crows and eagles everywhere.  I took a photo of 3 eagles sitting in a tree...hope you enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. I think driving in Mexico is dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would NEVER attempt it by myself, but my cousin has done several times. You buy special insurance, but obviously that does not save one from imminent harm, i know!

      Delete
  2. I don't want to travel at all tbh, has your cousin done the drive since the pandemic started???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she has been at least once, maybe twice since 2020.

      Delete
  3. that dessert looks yummy. I have friends who just went to Rocky Point (flew) but checking it out to drive their camper trailer down there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just sent off today for my renewed passport (mine was expired), so if it gets back timely, then i will decide whether to go, lol.

    ReplyDelete