Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Tuesday already?

Well, summer is here!  Whoo whee has been pretty muggy and warm.  We are having above ave temps here.  I know it won't last all June (maybe).  And I am learning to just accept that it will be hot and muggy most of the summer here in the (mid) south.  I hope you all are not getting too much Cristobel damage!  Sure seems like hurricane season is early!  We are also above ave rainfall here too.  Weird weather, virus, rioting, etc.  I feel bad for all the people who are reeling from all the virus damage and now rioting damage.  I support the sentiments, I just wish it would stay peaceful.

My husband got an inflammatory email about the BLM movement.  I see people I know on FB post things and I feel sad and hopeless.  I cannot even imagine how people feel who have experienced racism their entire lives (and generations!).  I feel bad for our kids who are going to have to pay for all this deficit and heal our country.  I do worry because I feel this is going to require a spiritual solution and it seems like people and families are moving away from churches.  Maybe I cannot envision the future and I just give it up and pray for God to heal us all.

I feel sorry for old people locked away in their quarantines (like my dear granny).  I feel for all the animals being neglected...I am a real ray of sunshine but the important thing is...that DH and I had a talk about it and we both feel comfortable to support BLM and my DH is a former homicide detective.  So, enough about such weighty subjects!  I am just working and doing my yoga couple evenings a week and walking few times a week...I am enjoying my structure.

Structure for me brings order and peace and quiets my mind.  As so does my devotional readings, meditation, exercise, music and mindless escapes like podcasts and Netflix!  And blogs!

Here is a picture of my patio sitting area.  This makes me feel peaceful.  I hope you are finding your own oasis in the heat of this strange summer.  Peace!

P.S.  My brother in law came down and got grand dad's homemade cabinet.  I got all of DH 45 years old huge wooden furniture moved out and I am waiting for a chance to run to closets IKEA for better/lighter/more efficient/brighter storage solutions for our sweaters and sweatshirts...and more importantly, my treadmill has been moved and I got my sitting room back.  I will be working (and yoga-ing) in here more, so I am happy for the space.  


I truly loved this lovely one of a kind cabinet, but I just cannot afford the space.  It is going to the brother in the family who has kids.  They have some really cool WW2 artifacts to store in it.  Pictures on the room make over soon!

Here is my cute sitting room

Here is the same small guest room before we bought the house.

Before I go, just wanted to share a delicious thing I have been doing with fresh veggies, greens, frozen veggies - whatever you have!  I have learned that I prefer my arugula cooked.  So I cooked it in generous amount of butter.  Sauteed some slivered almonds and then I toss it with cooked pasta (I have used rice noodles for less gluten option) and I throw in some vegan faux cheese, and or feta cheese and or goat cheese and it is DELICIOUS.  My In laws loved it.  I have used fresh and frozen veggies (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, zuchhini, etc) and greens - kale, spinach and/or arugula.  

s




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for acknowledging that Black Lives Matter, I appreciate it as a mixed race reader of your blog. You're one of the few that has stated anything about it in the countless blogs that I do read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then let me just say, I'm with you and I am listening.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete