Monday, December 30, 2019

Post Christmas, Pre New Years

Had DH family (mom and dad, sister/BIL, 2 brothers) Christmas meal Saturday.  We had roast pork and ham.  Then we all split up the sides.  DH mom has said she is not doing the cooking anymore.  I can understand - she is 85 this March!  So, sister in law did the 2 meats and I did scalloped potatoes, Waldorf salad and deviled eggs.  The potatoes tasted fine, had a slight sweet smell to them...I did not realize until today that I had used unsweetened but vanilla almond milk.  Haha, what an idiot!  Oh, well I am not sure anyone really noticed.  We had so much yummy stuff.  I also did a version just for me with dairy free cheese substitute.  I just had some for lunch - pretty good.

Today I finished moving the dirt (and bulbs) from my raised flower bed that we had to move for the new fence we are having built.  Then I raked a bunch of wet leaves from our little yard and piled them on top of the beds (I have 3) to help insulate the bulbs and prevent weeds.  It was good the leaves were wet, hopefully they will stay on the beds and not blow off.  Bad because they were hard to rake!  It has turned cool here...and windy!  But still not supposed to get too cold yet this week.  That is good news, I am hiking 13 miles New Years Day!

Then I came inside and cleaned the house.  Did couple loads of laundry.  The dogs were running around and now they are napping.  DH is playing golf with his cousin.  I declined since I am doing yoga tonight.  I played DH and one of his brothers Friday at a challenging course 45 min away.  It was nice and I did ok.

My yoga instructor is out of town for 2 weeks, so I am taking advantage of a $21 for 21 days unlimited yoga...the only problem is I have to drive 30 miles.  Oh well, the price we pay for living in the boonies.

I am sitting here enjoying the view of my living room picture gallery.  Maybe I have posted before, but just in case.  Here is before:
Here is after.  I wanted to lighten up the living room.  I am sure the deer head is not everyone's cup of tea.  But it is DH and he is proud of his hunting and enjoys outdoor stuff.  He does not get to display most of his rustic, antique and old-timey stuff, so I give him the deer head in the living room.  It happens to go with our other rustic themed pictures. 

Have a great week and if I don't make it back here.  Have a Happy New Year.  Quiet night at home as usual for DH and I.  We are going to enjoy nachos and wings.  I will go to bed early for my long day of hiking NYD.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Enjoy the hike!!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. Only saw one picture so I am not sure if it is before or after. Looked good anyway. Have a wonderful, quiet New Year. Me too.

    ReplyDelete