Thursday, October 10, 2019

Countdown to Retirement 2.0

Or at the very least a long 3 month or so vacation.  I gave notice 2 weeks ago tomorrow, so tomorros is my last day!  Today is my last full day. 

My boss was great, there is still no opportunity to telecommute.  There are too many others like me ready to come in and do the very same thing I have been doing for 6 months.  They have already started to give out assignments to others in my department who are doing the work on part time basis, along with their other assignments.  I figure this is the way they will continue. 

I will spend some time looking, see if I can do something from home down in Retirement Home state area.  It is a smaller area and so won't have big firm like I work at now, may have to get more creative and outside my comfort zone.  That is not so bad.  We shall see.  I do have several projects at RH that will make mowing easier/pretty to enjoy and the insulation will help our utilities costs.

I already told DH he needs to start reading again, stop shopping.  I am trying to lecture my inner 5 year old as well.  But I really think I want to get one of those air fryers.  I will just ponder for a while and see if that idea persists...maybe I will find a Black Friday deal.

I think this time I am ready, for sure for a break.  Like several months, lol.  The difference this time around is two-fold...I am not deciding anything long term, just see how it feels, I can always find something closer to home and 2nd, I think my expectations are more realistic.  I.e. about my level v DH level of activity, about day to day life.  I am more realistic and less concrete.  Trying to remain more open minded - let things settle and sort of sort themselves out...We shall see!

I will miss my friends here at work and my autonomy, but I think I am more ready this time and in all likelihood will find something closer to home, at least part time because our budget otherwise is very tight. 

I will post more soon!

1 comment: