Monday, February 4, 2019

Refresh and Encourage

"In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.” Proverbs 3:6 (TLB)

Although I had not read this verse before my Refresh Women's Conference in Texas.  It was the distillation of my intention.  To go, see my friends for the flawed humans we all are, listen to Gods message and come back so I can decide future action.

I loved the conference!  We laughed and cried.   We talked about superficial and deep  things.   We ate. We shopped.

I was so glad to see DH and my dogs last evening.

I am putting more effort in reading the bible and finding a church.   I need more positive input to help me in this retirement adjustment as I struggle with my attitude and health a little bit.  Plus I want to be there for those I love.

Today it is in the 60s today.  Gonna talk pup for a walk.   My little female chihuahua seems better after completing her prescription but I worry about her knee.  she hurt it playing with the pup.

I read an entry this am about wives and husbands and thought I would give it a try!

1 Thessalonians 5:11, “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” (NIV)

3 comments:

  1. warm weather! It's going to be a high of 14 where I'm at LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite verses and try hard to live by it.
    I learned it in the KJV. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

    ReplyDelete