Friday, April 17, 2020

Well It's Friday...Time to Post

So heard this week I was indeed scheduled to start my new (temp - 6 months to a year) job.  It is a branch of the federal government using temp agency and agency hired me.  I started training yesterday.  It was a bit of an ordeal to get all the clearance/paperwork submitted.  I hope it is worth it.  I am excited, but also a bit sad to lose the freedom of my days any way I want to structure them/and miss staying up late.  I will adjust.

I did do a small hike outdoors with a few of the hiking group ladies.  Just 6 of us.  We do NOT carpool and mind social distancing very carefully/cover our face with masks if pref.  It was a beautiful day!  Lots of wild flowers.

I have done a bit more work outside with my own flowers and hostas/veggies.  Has been very cold week.  3 nights we dipped below freezing so I was out running around covering things with tarps/sheets/towels.  Most of our stuff escaped unscathed.

I am not complaining, my friends up north about 4 hours are having snow today.  Wed and Thurs were pretty, sunny and nice.  Today it is cool and gray.  I just lit a few lamps around the house and a candle for coziness.  I am stuck again day 2 here at computer for training.  It seems crazy introducing all these concepts to us with no written/electronically accessible material and no context of operating system we will be using - but they didn't ask me.  We get our dept issued laptops and cell phones next week.

Well.  That's about all.  Oh, I did trade my little pick up for an SUV.  I really do prefer SUV's.  I just hope I don't miss the bed of my truck for hauling - maybe it will save me money in the yard!  I can't easily just go buy dirt/rocks/pavers, plants.  My DH is now going to sell his bike and get an older truck.

I hope you all have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Working from home must be interesting especially learning a system. Enjoy that SUV and as long as DH is getting an older truck, you won't miss yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got DH motorcycle listed. So now we just wait.

    ReplyDelete