Thursday, February 21, 2019

Thursday Usually my Favorite Day

But I usu do my 2nd power yoga class Wed night, and this week I did not, so I will do it tonight.  Still love Thursdays.  I usu have done my tough yoga classes, done the grocery shopping/food prep and have cleaned the house by now.  Working up to maximum enjoyment of the weekend.

After thorough cleaning and repainting the white baseboards in both the kitchen and master bath, this morning I rubbed dryer sheets along them.  Anyone else heard of this?  Well, it is supposed to sort of slick them up with the ingredient in fabric softener and help prevent them from getting dusty so easily.  I can tell there is a bit of shine to then now, more so than just the semi gloss finish...we shall see if this helps.  I read it on couple of cleaning blogs/pinterest.

I am enjoying the newly crisp white cleanness of the newly painted baseboards/quarter round.  It looks so nice!

This week I roasted up some veggies with garlic, olive oil and a drizzle of lime juice and sprinkled on a bit of Cajun seasoning.  Today I will cook a couple chicken breasts with pesto to go with them.  We usu do smoothies for lunch, but on yoga days, I eat a real food lunch.  We are trying to eat more veggies and less meat.  While DH will never be meat free, I am reducing meat portions, increasing lean meats and fish and being more diligent about the source of our meat.  I.e. local game, grass fed beef and free range chicken and eggs.

DH has lost 20 pounds and his doctor is astonished at the progress in his blood work numbers.  I am having a trying

Feb.  After my early Feb road trip, my stomach was out of whack, then I got a head cold/sinus infection and Tuesday I threw my back out.  Just from bending over wringing out the mop!  I know I will be back on track soon.  That is why I skipped Wed night yoga, I did walk the pup so I enjoyed the sunshine yesterday.  More cold rainy weather to come Saturday.

It is late February, after all.  But we are planning our road trip to the beach mid March.  Right after my grandmother's birthday.  SHE IS TURNING 100!  March 6.  Cannot believe it.  How blessed I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling much better now. I haven't heard about dryer sheets but will try it if I can think of a way without bending over. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh are you having back issues?! That is no fun!

    ReplyDelete