Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday of a Long Weekend for me

Happy Friday.  We were supposed to get storms, but I think that is later today.  We are gonna run a couple of errands before the weather comes.

I went to Aldi yesterday.  I do all the food shopping for my house and in-laws.  I toyed with the idea of DH doing it, but think I am going to have him continue to isolate for another month.  My state governor talking about opening things up in the next couple weeks - May 4.  Since DH is not very healthy and has underlying medical conditions, we will take it slow and then probably just plan on isolating again near September.  I have thoughts that the virus will make a comeback in fall.

I finally told my "friend" I was resigning from the charity we started.  I told her last year before I got the paperwork done, that I would just get it up and running and then focus on job prospects.  Well, I have a new job (sort of) and with all the stuff she was asking me to do and all the group texts...I had enough!  I just blamed it on my new job, but honestly, I was not in agreement with some of the information being shared on the charify Facebook page.  Primarily, my friend is a zealous Christian and vegan.  I do not feel we are qualified to tell cancer patients what they should and should not eat.  Friend also comments about people not giving donations and I pointed out that some were possibly waiting for 5k (which has been canceled as of Wed) and some gave in work/filing fees - me.  She remarked back that we ALL have given money or time...uh, not our working friend.  The boss friend told me to assign working friend as Vice President - so "she does not have to do anything".
Boss friend pointed out that VP worked and was too busy and was not good about following through.  Meanwhile I get new job - she was just asking me do this, do that, post this, share that, etc.  Enough!

I feel like a weight lifted off me!

As for the job with the government agency- well I did 2 days training and did at least get paid for that.  But I have done literally hours of emails and paperwork and get emails anywhere from 5:30am to 10pm and have yet to get paid for that!  I finally got my laptop computer UPS to me Wed and email 6am this morning saying we will have more training - next Tues.  Ugh.

Here are some nice flowers to make me happy.

I will just consider today and Monday 2 more days of freedom.  But honestly, I am in work mindset, ready to get into a schedule and make a little money.  I feel grateful very much because I really do worry about the country right now and think the rest of 2020 could be ugly.

Be safe and find beauty where you can!

2 comments:

  1. I share you concerns about the fall. I think we are really a long way from any return to normal. This isolation may be a way of life for a while. From the sounds of it, it is good you are out of the charity. It is sad that it has strayed from your original intent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we are both wrong and things feel normal, but think we are correct.

    ReplyDelete