Monday, June 25, 2018

Our Last Sunday Evening in City House

Yesterday we got back to the city house and I helped my friend load an armoire I gave her, then we took a good 4 mile walk.  It was humid, but not terribly hot (upper 80's).  Friday we took, unloaded and organized last load until we move excess personal effects/clothes/sheets/towels/cleaning tools - literally what can't fit in hotel.  That won't be until July 13.  We are staying in the city the next 2 weekends.  We will keep 3rd vehicle (suburban) in city parked at hotel, which will be handy because it will act as our rolling storage unit for few more weeks.  Then we will move it south and park it in DH workshop - we already made the room for it.  For Aug and Sept, we will just have our personal commuter cars in the city.  But anyway, back to Friday in the country...it wasn't the biggest load, nor the hottest day we have worked in, but I got dizzy and nauseous and about passed out.  So DH made me sit in AC house and drink some water.  It only lasted a short time and I was fine.  I think I just did not drink enough water Friday.
Ate a small dinner Friday down at retirement country and got to visit with BIL.  He had been working a job keeping him away afternoons till 11pm, well, he ended up leaving there and thinks he has another corp gig lined up late july or early aug.  He and SIL had sold their 3rd veh and are considering selling their cattle (usu keep about 15 - 20 to let them focus on their downsize).  He will spend few weeks attacking jobs at his late mother's residence to be able to finish that house and get the prop on the market.  His sister and her husband drives 6 hours one way each weekend, versus BIL 3 hours one way to work on this property. 
When DH and I got back to city and walked into CH Sunday, we could see that the woman we hired to clean had done a great job and my friends who came and got sev pieces of furniture had not left a trace of dirt or dust, so we were pleased.  I cleaned out laundry cabinet, kitchen drawers and weekend the area behind my house/patio area.  I weeked front area last week.  We had a large brunch on the way home for DH birthday, so we just sat in our lawn chairs in our living room and drank our healthy smoothies for dinner!  It was sort of fun.  Our 2 dogs are like what is going on?!  Where is our furniture?!
Today is the last Monday we will commute from our CH.  The picture is of a rain shower we enjoyed from our view last week.  Tonight I will finish packing my clothes and wipe out master bath vanity and do one more load of laundry.  I will take one more walk if weather permits on my lovely route i will miss so much.  DH brother coming over to get a gifted briefcase and our FSBO house sign for when he sells his house later this month or next.  DH sister and his brother are all about same age as DH and all working toward downsizing and getting more nimble for retirement.  I have inspired sev friends and family members to purge.  I will never stop purging after seeing people deal with estates after the fact.  I have no children to help me.  Have a wonderful day!  Here in the Midwest, we are enjoying some mild overcast weather today.

No comments:

Post a Comment