Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Hiking Trip!

 Well I guess once a month is not terrible.  


But I have a fun post about my trip.


Last week on Sunday before Labor Day, I drove with 5 other hiking ladies in a van to Utah.  We stopped over in Santa Rosa NM and then on to Zion by late Monday evening.

We stayed in a nice Air BNB in LaVerkin.  It was about 30 miles from Zion.

We hiked Zion Tues and Wed.  It was beautiful.  A bit warm, but not terrible.  Tues we did the River walk, Emerald Pools and Canyon Overlook.  Then we drove the drive out the scene route 9 through the tunnel East.  We did Canyon Overlook in the afternoon, so it was a bit hot.  The drive in the AC van was nice.




Wed it was hot too, but not as bad especially doing the Narrows Wed, the water stays cool around 62 degrees.  After the Narrows we all went home to rest and one of my friends agreed to do the Watchman trail at sunset.  It was still pretty warm, but worth it.  I was too chicken to stay until really dark so we missed the dark sky Milkway.  But we had pretty views, a breeze and some Big Horn sheep to enjoy.







Thursday we drove about 2 hours to Bryce.  We did the 3 mile Sunset to Sunrise Points, then Navajo Loop and the Queens Garden offshoot.  It was beautiful too. 


Still very nice weather considering it was still summer.  After that we had a picnic lunch and then drove to Paige AZ where we had 2 nights at a hotel there.

Friday we saw upper Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend (Page AZ city park) and then enjoyed a boat ride on Lake Powell.





Sat we got up and started back home.  I drove 11 hours of the leg on Sat.  I was happy to arrive for the evening in Tucumcari and we were recommended a really good Mexican restaurant called La Cita in Tucumcari.  


Sunday we finished the push back to NW Arkansas and I worked yesterday.  Other than some blisters on my toes from all the downhill hiking, I am pretty good considering I did close to 30 miles in those four days!  I am looking forward to sitting all this week at work!


Hope fall is coming, we really need rain here!





No comments:

Post a Comment