Friday, July 5, 2024

Happy Birthday America

So we spent some time at the lake end of June and then home for quiet 4th.  I prefer to avoid the crowds for the actual holiday and like to be home because our dog is very traumatized by the fireworks and we can't really walk her outside when people are setting off fireworks.  

She just trembles she is so scared.  I am always glad when the 4th is behind us although it means summer is basically halfway over as well.

So the last part of June was really HOT and dry.  We got a little bit of relief and couple minor showers, but still really dry here in the Ozarks where I live and play.  

I have a friend in Utah this week at several of the National Parks and one that just got home from an Alaska cruise and our lake friends from Florida are going on Alaska cruise in August.  Gives me serious FOMO.  Enjoy looking at their photos.  Maybe someday - I would def like to take the train ride to Denali.

I am going to Utah, Zion and Bryce Canyon in September with 5 other hiking gals.  Can't wait!

Here are some of my photos of my week at the lake.  Enjoyed friends, lake days, pool time, great food and relaxation...Hope y











ou are enjoying your summer!



1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Love the deer. What is the abandoned building? Are you near the Kiamichi mountains? I cannot find them on a map.

    ReplyDelete