Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Typical Tuesday

Well here it is Tuesday.  I was so glad i was not going anywhere this last weekend after going to the lake 2 weekends in a row.  But i did get out on the river nearby and had a nice kayak float.  Went with a woman i know and one of her friends and a group out of Oklahoma we did not know.  Nice women and nice river.  However it did seem these Oklahoma women were in more of a hurry than us!  LOL.  We basically paddled the entire 10 miles!  But we did stop twice to visit and eat snacks/lunch.


On the gravel bars i was told by 3 of them they look for heart shaped rocks.  I found one shaped like Oklahoma.  Then couple of them said they find lots of rocks with holes too.  I found a few.  Then my friend Lisa said they make cool wind-chimes so i found as many as i could.  I am going to make a wind chime for me and one for my sister.  Her birthday is tomorrow.  We are going to have lunch Saturday.


Last week right after work i jumped in DH truck and ran and got a bed-full of mulch.  I put newspaper and cardboard down around all my hostas and then mulch.  They are said to do really well with rich organic matter based soil and the paper/cardboard breaks down while thwarting weeds...helps the plants stay watered in this dry hot summer weather.  It was a 2 day job.  I am SO glad it is finished.
this was before much.

And after!

I hope you all are staying cool out there and staying healthy.  I have had a head cold for 8 days.  No fever.  I am doing ok, but yoga sure was difficult last night with my sinuses so clogged!  We have been blessed with some rain couple times in last week.  Makes it super humid, but stuff was really getting dry and brown!  I am worried about losing some of my new bushes and trees.  We are watching them close and watering them a lot.  The clouds have kept it from being too hot, was high 80's low 90's last few days but going to upper 90's rest of this week!  Good time to do my outside gardening and watering early in morning or late in evening...otherwise we are catching lots of movies on Netflix!  I am trying to convince myself that now is a good time to paint my master bath ceiling...we shall see.  It had an old leak that someone covered - badly.  Needs a dose of Kilz and a coat of paint and will be so nice and fresh.  To be continued...

Signing off with my beautiful burgundy glad!  This is the first time i have grown gladiolas but i LOVE them.

2 comments:

  1. Your kayak trip made me wishful. I sold my kayak and really miss it.
    There is something about mulch that really makes a bed look professional. Well done.
    That burgundy glad is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well DH and I sold our Harleys this year, so we are having other ways to have fun and see the world. Actually for my day on the Illinois, we rented and it sure was convenient not having to load and tote our 12 foot kayaks around! Spoiled me!

    ReplyDelete