Tuesday, June 2, 2020

I haven't posted since my Memorial Weekend find.  My girlfriend T came down from  the city.  We did a bit of antique shopping.  It was weird to be out and about after so long in self quarantine.  She likes to come down and visit the country, said the city had been really eery with the closed down everything and empty interstates.  I now especially worry for her and all my city family and friends with all the rioting.  What a strange time we are all living in.

Anyway, just keeping it light and happy - like I keep my social media...LOL.  I had found a really cool metal arbor on FB marketplace and was happy to drive 2 hours to get it.  I got the color I wanted and design was cool, very big and strong.  It is really nice.

I put it at the left side facing my house (north side).  It will provide entrance to my already existing
raised flowers planters and my new hosta garden (and hydrangea and ferns).  It is all on my north side and so they have some shade, but until few of my trees and bushes get bigger, will be pretty sunny.  I think some of the more hardy hostas will be ok.  They may not flourish as much as they could in more shade, but in time this will be a really pretty feature I hope.  I even ordered 6 sun tolerant ones to plant in the edge with the most sun.  Pictures later.

At the base of my arch I planted 2 small plugs of wisteria...one white and one purple.

Hope you are having some time to enjoy and not be too overwhelmed by the events in our country.  I too want to be informed and what not, but I just have to allow small pieces of news and just keep out much more than that for the safe of my well being.

2 comments:

  1. Love the metal arbor! I love finding stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the arbor. Keep that wisteria under control or it will kill trees and everything I touches.

    ReplyDelete