Tuesday, February 11, 2020

So I Have Been Busy Again

So I have been busy.  Chiefs winning the Super Bowl.  We watched from home.  This was after I came back from whirlwind trip to city to see my cousin whose mom died (my great aunt and my Granny's best friend). She was 95.

Then I got to see my Uncle who went on hospice and support my aunt.  I am so happy my uncle got to witness another Super Bowl win for his beloved Chiefs.

Then I had to turn around after the visit and pack and go to my Great Aunt's funeral back at the lake in my hometown.  It was nice to see my cousins and all our family from all over...Texas, Colorado, Ariona, Georgia, Missouri...  My sister and my cousins and I rented an Airbnb with a pretty view.

Then we did get to enjoy Super Bowl from our own home, DH and I (and our dogs!),

I have also been lucky enough to enjoy some pretty hikes lately.

I am getting spring fever.

This is what over $100 gets for a funeral now a days.  Crazy.




3 comments:

  1. My daughters two corsages and two butioniers cost more than her wedding dress. Granted that beautiful thing came online and not from David's but still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked my Granny if she wanted to see photo of the flowers she sent to her sister in law/best friend's funeral. Since she is over 101 she is not able to get out and ride 3 hours to the funeral. She said no thanks since she essentially blind anyway. We told her they were beautiful. P.S. They didn't even get the card wording correct.

    ReplyDelete