Friday, December 13, 2019

Well I Have Been Lazy Posting

Not really sure what has kept me away.  Maybe I am just busy running here and there, little projects around the house.  Nearly every day either gymn, yoga or a hike.  I hiked Tuesday 6 miles with the hiking club.  It was a chilly 27 degrees when we started out.  We took photos of frost flowers and ice cycles.  The official hikes are finished till spring but the members continue to hike almost all year here and post "impromptu hikes".

I was feeling really good about taking off a few pounds up and even right after Thankgiving.  Then I guess my awareness strayed and I took my foot off the accelerator and I feel I have gained a few - too scared to get on the scale.  I will continue to restart my determination and continue to put effort into looking for recipes that utilize veggies and lean meat and try to continue to avoid sugar.  I have not had much sugar, but I did get a little lax and have enjoyed some potatoes, corn and flour.  When I take these out, I know I will lose, it is just really a focus and intent that I have to really strive for.

This weekend will be difficult, my sister and I are driving to the city to see our Granny and our aunts.  We will pick up lunch for Granny.  I will just commit to something like Panera instead of burgers/pasta and we are doing a Mexican restaurant with the aunts, but they have a wonderful vegetarian fajita that I LOVE.  Then Sunday we are beyond excited that my sister's friend gave us Chiefs football tickets and after that a concert - so it will be a full day Sunday.  Monday we drive home and the weather is not thrilling me - chance for rain/snow.

So I will be back here next week.  Hope you have a great weekend.  What holiday fun are you all out there planning?

2 comments:

  1. You are brave. Not sure I could start a hike with the temp at 27 degrees. Brrr!

    We don't have any holiday plans, but our anniversary is next week. One night in a hotel downtown with a nice dinner out. Museum the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a hiker since I can barely walk, but hiking in the cold is appealing.

    ReplyDelete